Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See www.sarh.co.uk/faq
SARH is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. SARH may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
SARH may collect the following information:
• Contact information including email address and IP address of the computer used for registration purposes.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to customer enquiries and applications for housing
• Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you indicate that you wish to be part of the Mutual Exchange list, SARH may display or make available the contact information you have provided for this purpose on www.sarh.co.uk or in its public reception areas in order that other members of the Mutual Exchange list may contact you. You may request that your information be removed from this list at any time by contacting us.
How we use this information
Collecting this information helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To customise the website to you
• To send promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
• To contact you via email, telephone, SMS or mail for market research reasons
• To enable you to log in to our online Events booking service
• To contact you via email or telephone regarding an online Event booking you have made
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
To have the best possible experience whilst using this website, your computer, tablet or mobile device will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain features by using them.
Our cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name or address. They simply hold a random string of numbers that is associated with your computer. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete these non-privacy invasive cookies from this website or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different; so check the ‘Browser Settings’ section of this page for instructions for your particular browser.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting
- Recognise when you return to our website. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously
- Allow you to share pages via social networks like Facebook, Twitter and AddThis
- Allow external hosts like YouTube and Vimeo to display videos
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
You can usually control most cookies through the settings on your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, disable and delete them on your browser please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Our cookies will have the file names:
Third party cookies
This site makes use of the popular Google Analytics system to allow us to monitor trends in how visitors use our website. In order to do this Google Analytics may store up to 4 cookies, which contain random strings of numbers, which are associated with your computer. The information collected via Google Analytics is completely anonymous and does not allow us to identify individual visitors.
You can find out more about Google Analytics via the following link:
It is also possible to opt out of Google Analytics across all websites:
Northgate Public Services
Further information about cookies
If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites