Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) recommends the My Home Contents Insurance scheme from Thistle.
It is important that your property is covered by insurance in the event of damage or loss to property, belongings or personal items.
As contents insurance is not provided by SARH, you must apply for your own. All SARH tenants are eligible to apply for My Home Contents Insurance with Thistle Insurance Services.
The My Home scheme is Made For Tenants and offers affordable insurance with the following benefits:
My Home Contents Insurance covers:
• theft, storm damage, water damage and fire damage
• damage to internal decorations
• accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins
• damage to external glazing for which you are responsible
• fixed glass in furniture, doors and windows
• lost or stolen keys and freezer contents
Cover is provided on a new for old basis with no deduction for wear and tear – except in respect of linen and clothing.
There is no excess fee. This means you do not have to pay the first part of the claim.
There are no minimum property security requirements with the My Home scheme, meaning you do not need to have special door or window locks fitted to be eligible.
Flexible, regular payment options are available. Pay fortnightly or monthly by cash at any post office or pay zone outlet, monthly by direct debit or annually by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card.
Additional covers can be added for a further cost, including:
• Extended Accidental Damage cover
• Personal Possessions away from the home
• wheelchair and mobility scooter cover
• hearing aid cover
• structure cover for garages, greenhouses and garden huts.
Sums insured - the replacement cost of all your belongings - are offered in bands of £1,000, starting at £6,000 for tenants aged 60 and over and from £9,000 for all other tenants. The maximum sum insured available is £35,000.
To get an information pack you can call Thistle Insurance on 0345 450 7288, contact us or complete a Thistle contact form online.