If you receive Universal Credit (UC), you need to update the To-do list in your journal, in-line with the rent review letter we recently sent to you.
If you make:
- Monthly rent payments you can inform UC of any changes from 1 April 2020
- Non-monthly rent payments (e.g. weekly) you can inform UC of any changes from 6 April 2020
You should also receive a prompt from UC to update your journal.
How can I access and update the To-do section of my journal?
- Log on to your UC journal in the normal way, here.
- Go to the to-do section and you will find a new ‘report any changes to your housing costs’ option.
- Add your updated rent information.
What information do I need to update my journal?
You will need to know:
- Your new rent and any service charges
- The date that these are effective from
- The frequency of your rent payments and any service charges.
All of this information is available in the rent review letter we recently sent to you. If you can’t find your letter, you can request details of your 2020 rent changes by completing our online form here and we will email this information to you.
What happens if I don’t update my journal?
If you delay updating the to-do list in your journal, you may have to to pay any rent difference. To avoid this, please update your journal now.
If you are concerned about paying your rent because of a change in your circumstances due to the coronavirus, you will find help and further information here.
How can I report any other changes in my circumstances?
You can report any other changes in your circumstances through the normal Change of Circumstance process.
Where can I find more information about the 2020 rent changes?
To find out more about the 2020 rent changes, please go here.