Staffordshire County Council: Microsoft Digital Skills
Thursday 24th May, 2018
10:00am - 4:00pm
A FREE event delivered by Staffordshire County Council in partnership with Microsoft UK Digital Skills for people of all ages and stages who are hungry to improve their digital skills.
The Digital Skills Programme is designed for all ages – from 7 upwards. It aims to provide everybody with free basic online skills, nurture young people’s passion for computer science and provide essential training to businesses and IT professionals who need to develop their understanding of the cloud. Find out more about Microsoft UK’s Digital Skills Programme here.
What will be available on the day?
Get hands on with our #MakerChampion challenges and learn new coding skills on a Micro:Bit.
- 10.30 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 14:30: Maker of Fun: Make a flashing festival mask: Maker of Fun activities will get you to think outside the box, using technology in fun and creative ways to bring your ideas to life. This session is suitable for 7 – 11 year olds
- 12:00 – 13:00 & 15:00 – 16:00: Maker of Change: Make your school road safer with coding: Maker of Change challenges help you to discover how you can use technology for good, from improving road safety to helping somebody with a disability. This session is suitable for 11 – 14 year olds.
Apply Area: Come along and learn about how apprenticeships work from Microsoft Learning Providers and find out what opportunities are available and how you can get more involved.
- 10:30 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 14:30: Why become an Apprentice? Meet an apprentice and employer as well as Microsoft Learning Providers to find out more about the opportunities for apprenticeships.
- 12:00 – 13:00 & 15:00 – 16:00: Why hire an Apprentice? Meet an apprentice and employer as well as Microsoft Learning Providers to find out more about the opportunities for apprenticeships.
Improve Area: Find out more about the courses available or attend our IT sessions, Public Sector sessions or Charity sessions.
- 10:30 – 11:30 & 13:30 – 14:30: The Cloud and Me: Understand more about what Cloud Computing really is and how you can take advantage of it whether you are an employee or a business owner.
- 11:30 – 12:30 & 14:30 – 15:30: The Agility and Economics of the Cloud for Public Sector :Find out more about how Cloud can help you drive efficiencies and how to position your organisation for Digital Transformation.
- 12:30 – 13:30: LinkedIn Workshops for Charities: Come and join us for a 45 min discussion on how LinkedIn can help your charity reach some of those much-needed volunteers and donors. Find out how to rock your own professional profile; How your charity can have a good online presence and the tools available through LinkedIn to help you find talent.