Chat Live now!

Live Support

Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I make alterations to my home?

Yes – Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) encourages you to give your home a make-over from time to time by redecorating. Minor work There is no need to ask SARH for permission to carry out minor work such as decorating but please remember that even minor works can cause noise and potential disruption to your neighbours. Major work If you are considering doing more major works such as fitting a shower, installing a kitchen or changing windows, you must first receive written permission from SARH before work can start. This can be requested using the online permission form. SARH has an annual replacement programme which may include some of these improvements. Click here for more information about Home Improvements.