Frequently Asked Questions

faq | Do I need Home Contents Insurance?

Do I need Home Contents Insurance?

It is your responsibility to insure your furniture, belongings and personal possessions. These include your carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, and electrical items. Also, don’t forget you jewellery, pictures and ornaments. What does homes contents insurance cover?

  • Fire damage *
  • Theft *
  • Storm and flood damage *
  • Damage caused by water or oil leaks

Other things covered as standard:

  • Lost or stolen keys
  • The contents of your freezer if it broke down
  • The damage caused by a leaking washing machine or a burst pipe
  • The contents of sheds and garages are included
  • Students possessions living away from home
  • Tenants responsibility
  • Optional extensions are available
Thistle 10 reasons

*Limits and exclusions apply, a full policy wording is available on request. For further information telephone My Home Insurance Scheme on 0345 450 7288 or visit: For more information click here.

Chat Live now!

Live Support

Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See