Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See www.sarh.co.uk/faq
What are my repair responsibilities as a SARH Customer?
SARH customers are responsible for certain repairs and the general upkeep of their home. SARH can offer FREE help and advice to deal with some of these issues. SARH may also complete the work for you if you agree to pay for it.
• Replacing broken or cracked glass
• Gaining access and replacing keys
• Dealing with dampness caused by condensation
• Taking reasonable steps to prevent condensation
SARH customers are also responsible for:
• Repairs to fittings you have installed or accepted at the start of your tenancy, including shelves, wardrobes and laminate flooring
• Putting right any damage caused by you, your family or visitors
• Fitting additional locks
• Bleeding radiators
• Dealing with tripped switches, fuses and light bulbs
• Attempting to clear waste pipe blockages
• Repairing minor cracks and holes in walls and ceilings
• Maintaining television aerials and your own reception equipment
• Repairing fences and gates that do not form a boundary with a public road or footpath
• All internal decoration
• Keeping the property clean and in good order
• Taking steps to stop further damage once a fault has been identified
• Obtaining written permission before making alterations to your property
• Reporting criminal damage or vandalism to the police (please note the Crime Reference Number you are given)
Repairs you make yourself must be completed to a good standard.