Chat Live now!

Live Support

Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See

Frequently Asked Questions

Section 20: Can I challenge the costs of major works once billed?

Major works are deemed to be a service charge meaning homeowners have the same right to challenge the costs as they do for ongoing services such as cleaning and gardening.

Homeowners can ask for further supporting documentation from SARH such as invoices and breakdowns.

Ultimately, should a resident still believe that they have been unreasonably charged, they can submit an application to the First-Tier Tribunal (formerly known as the LVT) for a determination on the reasonableness of costs.