What happens once I have registered for SARHomes?
In the majority of cases, once you have completed the registration form on MySARH you will be accepted as a SARH customer and will be able to start applying for SARH homes within 24 hours.
You will receive confirmation from SARH that your registration is complete and your unique Registration Number which you will need to use to log into the MySARH portal. You will then be able to log in using your Registration Number and begin applying for homes.
There may be some occasions when SARH need to request further information before your registration is accepted. If this is the case you will be contacted by a member of staff to discuss the information needed.
The circumstances in which further information may be requested include:
- Where there is evidence that the customer, or a member of their household, is guilty of serious unacceptable behaviour, including violent behaviour, serious noise nuisance or anti-social behaviour, domestic abuse, or using a home for illegal purposes
- Where a customer owes rent or other debts to a current or previous landlord, and has not entered into and maintained an agreed repayment plan. The amount and cause of the arrears, and any actions taken to reduce them will be taken into consideration
- Where a current SARH customer wishes to move to another SARH home but has breached the conditions of tenancy in their current home
- Where a current SARH customer wishes to move to another SARH home within one year of their tenancy starting
- Where the customer’s household has an income in excess of £60,000 per annum and/or savings in excess of £30,000
- Where a customer owns a property
- Where a customer has the Right to Rent in accordance with the Immigration Act, but is not entitled to claim welfare benefits, tax credits or housing assistance, and is not in permanent employment
- Where a customer has a history of criminal offences which may affect where they can be housed
- Where a customer has given false or fraudulent information in their application
Once this information has been approved you will be notified if your application has been accepted.
Please be aware that based upon the information you provide in response to the above circumstances you may be excluded from using MySARH. If this is the case SARH will notify you in writing of the reasons for this and any action you may need to take to have the decision changed.