Chat Live now!

Live Support

Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See

Frequently Asked Questions

What is independent living?

The term ‘independent living’ covers a wide range of housing for older and vulnerable people. The properties advertised by SARH are generally for older people aged 55 or over. However, some will be allocated to younger people who require level access or a specially adapted home. Most properties in independent living will contain an alarm system and have communal facilities such as a lounge, laundry, garden and guest rooms for visiting family and friends.
Property adverts will clearly show where there is a minimum age restriction.