Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See www.sarh.co.uk/faq
Before making any improvements, alterations or additions to your home it is essential that you obtain written permission from SARH and any other approvals required, before any work is started.
Requests for permission to undertake improvements need to be made using our request to carry out alterations form, which can be found below, along with our Property Improvement Policy.
Once completed please send it to:
Stafford and Rural Homes
1 Parker Court
Below are examples of the type of work you need to seek permission to do:
- Erecting a shed or green house – temporary structure only
- Installing a new bathroom or kitchen
- Removing or installing an electric, gas or open fire
- Installing a Sky dish, TV aerial, CCTV or burglar alarm
- Changing internal or external light fittings
- Installing a large stove style cooker which means a kitchen cupboard may need to be removed.
- Removing kitchen worktop
- Changing internal doors
- Installing an outside tap
- Erecting, removing or moving walls
- Erecting fence panels
- Installing a new driveway or dropped kerb – subject to local authority highways application process
Permission will not be given for you to install a:
- Gas fire
- Flueless gas fire
- You are responsible for any repairs to the improvements you make.
- If you move out you must either leave any improvements or put your home back to its original condition – failure to do so may result in you being charged.
- You must make sure the work is done properly and safely, using an agreed/registered contractor.
- Should you carry out alterations without our written permission you will be in breach of your tenancy agreement.