Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See www.sarh.co.uk/faq
At Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) we are committed to providing all our customers with the best possible service. We aim to get things right first time, but we know that sometimes we get things wrong. When this happens we want to know so we can put it right.
You can complain if you think:
• We failed to do something we should have done
• We did something wrong, or to a poor standard
• We have been unhelpful in dealing with a request from you
You can make a complaint by:
• Speaking to one of our staff at our office
• Phoning us on 0800 111 4554
• Writing to us – download a complaint form
We aim for our complaints process to be:
• Easy to access and available for all customers to use.
• A positive experience with clear communication throughout.
What to expect when making a complaint:
• A verbal acknowledgement within 1 working day of SARH receiving it.
• Your complaint will be handled quickly, professionally, fairly and confidentially.
• If SARH have done something wrong we will apologise.
• We will keep you informed of progress and how to take your complaint further if you are not happy.
SARH complaints policy has three stages at which a complaint can be reviewed. If you are unhappy with the response that you receive, your complaint will be taken to the next stage of the process.
Complaints should only be used in instances where we have done something wrong or have failed to do something.
It is not an initial request for a service, for example, reporting anti social behaviour. This would initially be dealt with as an enquiry. An example such as this would only become a complaint if we did not deal with this efficiently and effectively.
We will attempt to deal with your complaint ‘on the spot’ if possible for a speedy solution.
Once we have received your complaint, we will telephone you within 1 working day to confirm receipt and also seek some agreement on the way forward. An acknowledgement letter will be sent to you confirming your reference number, the name of the Head of Service dealing and when you should expect a full response (within 5 working days).
If you tell us within 5 working days that you are not happy with our response at Stage 1, we will take your complaint to the next stage of our process. We will telephone you within 1 working day to confirm that the complaint has been escalated. A Director will review your complaint, make contact via telephone and respond fully within 5 working days.
If you remain unhappy with our response at Stage 2 and tell us within 5 working days of our reply, we will arrange for SARH Complaints Panel to review your complaint. The Panel will include SARH Chief Executive and two of our Board members, of which at least one will be a customer. This is the final stage at which SARH can review your complaint.
Following the Stage 3 Panel meeting, you will receive written confirmation of the outcome within 2 working days of the review.
If you are still not satisfied after all 3 steps of the SARH complaints procedure have been followed, you have the right to take your complaint to the Independent Housing Ombudsman at PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ. Telephone 0300 111 3000. Alternatively, you can visit the website at www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk