Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See www.sarh.co.uk/faq
The Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) Customer Initiative Scheme ran for 10 years and supported projects and initiatives that have benefitted our customers and others in the local community.
Customers and Community Groups were offered £100,000 annually with the aim to help strengthen local communities in the area we serve. Each year the money was shared between a minimum of 10 different projects or initiatives
Funded projects included:
• Plans to transform derelict land for community use or the creation of facilities for children or young people
• Education schemes or projects that support the elderly or other vulnerable people
• An event or project that helps to build community spirit
• Projects that create a cleaner and safer local environment • Schemes that support the elderly and other vulnerable people in the community
• Initiatives that reduce vandalism or fear of crime
• Ways to encourage people to use the internet*
*For example, a bid would encourage customers to access the internet and may include help to buy computer equipment, training, cheaper Wi-Fi or all three. See I’m Online
SARH helped Stafford Sports College to set up a technology lending library, which loans internet-enabled tablets to people who wouldn’t otherwise have access to such equipment.