Chat Live now!

Live Support

Have you tried our Frequently Asked Questions? See

Payment options

Stafford and Rural Homes (SARH) provides a number of rent payment options so you can choose the one most suitable for you.

Online Payments

Please register for a MySARH account.

Our reception areas are currently closed, but when we are able to welcome you back to our offices, we will be permanently withdrawing the option to pay your rent by cash.

Why have we taken this decision?

As a Fair Landlord, it is our responsibility to deliver value for money services for the majority of customers. Although only a small group of customers pay their rent in cash, it costs us in excess of £6,000 and 350 staff hours to handle and process these payments each year. This is time and money that we can use for home improvements, essential services and vital support for people in need.

You can find alternative ways to pay your rent on this page.


If you are having difficulties paying your rent please contact us. The SARH Money Advice Team can offer FREE advice and support to help you manage your finances and advise you of benefits you may be entitled to.
More information about rent and payments.

Paying by Direct Debit

The easiest way to pay your rent is by Direct Debit.

  • It’s easy to set up.
  • You are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee.
  • You can pick a payment date to suit you.
  • Direct Debit makes life easier and prevents you getting into arrears.
  • Payments are made directly from your bank/building society.
  • You are in control of a Direct Debit.
  • SARH will tell you about changes to payment dates or amounts in advance.
  • You are free to cancel the Direct Debit at any time.
  • No more cheques to write, postage to pay or travelling to do.
  • It is safer than cash.

Please contact us to arrange Direct Debit payment.

Online payment

You can pay your rent online by using your credit or debit card.

PLEASE NOTE – To use this service after 1st October you must register for a MySARH account.

Paying via allpay and allpay App

Allpay is available to all customers to pay their rent over the phone, via the internet, by direct debit, text message or over the counter at Post Office or PayPoint centres.
You can also download the allpay smartphone app.
This allows you to link to your account from your mobile and make direct payments.

Paying over the phone

You can pay your rent over the telephone using your credit or debit card. To make a payment contact us with your credit or debit card details.

Rent Payment Card

Use your rent payment card to make payments at:
Post Offices by cash, cheque or debit card.
PayPoint outlets by cash, cheque or debit card.
Please remember to take your rent payment card with you if you wish to make a payment. Without this, the payment point will be unable to accept your payment.
Please keep the printed receipt you are given as it is your only proof of payment.
Payments will be shown on your account by midday the next working day.

If you do not already have a rent payment card, you can contact us in order to get one.

Lost Rent Payment Cards

If you lose your rent payment card please contact us and we will arrange for a new card to be sent to you free of charge.
If you do not already have a rent payment card, you can contact us in order to get one.

Paying by Standing Order

Standing Order is a similar method of payment to Direct Debit but you have to inform your bank of any changes. Standing Orders can be set weekly or monthly.

Housing Benefit

If you already receive benefits or are on a low income you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit. For more information about claiming Housing Benefit you should contact Stafford Borough Council.

Independent advice

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) has a wide range of services available to the public free of charge, including debt, benefit, and money advice. For advice or appointments telephone: 01785 258673 – Stafford CAB 01785 814806 – Stone CAB